Re: [GENERAL] Unexpected input in plpgsql script.

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unexpected input in plpgsql script.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 22:15 +0200 on 02/02/1999, Sebestyen Zoltan wrote:

> sum
> ---
>
> (1 row)
>
> I.e. there's a row containing NOTHING. I wrote a number formatter script
> with a help of this list which works beautifully except for this case. In
> this case I've got the following message:
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
> while processing the request.  We have lost the connection to the backend,
> so further processing is impossible.
>   Terminating.
>
> How can I handle such a case in a plpgsql function or how could I avoid
> it?

Can't you simply test whether the returned value IS NULL or not?

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Cost: Big Tables vs. Organized Separation of Data
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Cost: Big Tables vs. Organized Separation of Data